- Working in Chartreuse -

Friday, November 19, 2004

I Need You Like Ben Affleck Needs Acting School

Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you!!! For those of you who haven't seen Team America, this is an incredible song. In a crude, tacky, non-pretentious way.

Anyway, I frogged my white and red scarf that I knit a few weeks ago. It was just pissing me off how one side was about an inch and a half wider than the other side. That's just wrong. Wrong things don't deserve to stay knit. So I'm going to re-work it and hopefully come up with an *even* scarf this time around.

The next project on my list after the two scarves--Mitch's and the Candy Stripe scarf--is this beauty. There's even a dealer in Austin for the kind of yarn that the designer used in this hat(I want M120 - Limeade)! I also want to make a "ribbed for her pleasure" scarf (I'm not kidding, that's what it's called) in lime green, or rather, a vibrant shade of chartreuse. I may do the hat in magenta just to up the contrast a wee bit, or maybe in a pretty navy blue color. I'll have to see what the Local Yarn Store (LYS) has to offer.

I'm so excited about spending a year abroad in about a year and a half. It's just so exciting. I actually may do something weird and spend 1 semester in England and another semester in New Zealand. Although the plane trip would be a living nightmare, I would have access to beautiful scenery, Lord of the Rings memorabilia and sets, and above all, sheep and WOOL WOOL WOOL!!!! And what does wool mean? Yarn for moi (which means knits, knits, knits), and beautiful Lord of the Rings cloaks. That's enough to make me move to a place where there are more sheep than humans. A 1 to 6 ratio, I believe, with the sheep having the advantage in case of an uprising of those docile ovines.

But in the meantime, I need to work on my project for "The Luck of the Irish" and glean some sort of meaning from the sheer kitsch and tackiness that...thing...exuded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home