- Working in Chartreuse -

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Excuses, excuses....

Sorry about the absolute bursts of posts over the span of a single day. I ran out of bandwidth, so when I thought of somehting to post, I just wrote it down with the time I wrote it in Notepad. Now I copy and paste into the blog once bandwidth is back! I also want to apologize for the length of some of the posts. I realize you probably won't want to read them all if they're that long. I just felt like being verbose and giving you stuff to read to make up for my lack of posts when I run out of bandwidth.

On another note, I have discovered that cocktail shrimp taste very good with picante salsa. I went down to Cypress Bend (the convenience store in the dorm) to buy cocktail sauce, (not really expecting them to have any, mind you) and I see they have three types of mustard, two types of mayonnaise, honey, two brands of soy sauce and more. No cocktail sauce. I ask the one of the guys who work there if they happened to have any. He gives me a funny look then asks me if I have shrimp. Of course I have shrimp! Why else would I need cocktail sauce?

So now that previously frozen cocktail shrimp taste rubbery, even with the picante salsa, I have resorted to those two solidly nutritious foodstuffs that every college kid can’t live without: Goldfish crackers and cookies. I would eat Ramen but I’m sick of it. Very sick of it. I want tacos from home is what I want, and homemade soups and lentils and burgers and yummy mommy food that is so profoundly lacking here at college. I can only take so much macaroni and cheese. Hmph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home