- Working in Chartreuse -

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

whew

Well, I can tell you that I have never jolked (jogged/walked) to class in my life, and today I had to, considering as how I need 25 minutes for a comfortable-paced walk to the Undergraduate Library, and as the busses are no use because all the people getting on and off at that time of day makes it 25 mins anyway. I left the dorm with no less than 10 minutes before class started. I virtually jogged up a hill that has something of a 35 degree incline, and speed-walked up stairs, weaving through throngs of people, stitch in my side, shinsplints that hurt like hell, a limp from said shinsplints, and I made it to class with 2 minutes to spare. Mind you, that's like walking somewhat diagonally across 40 acres of land. Hilly land. With shoes that are nice for leisurely strolls, but not veritable sprints up hills and stairs. Took me 30 minutes for the pain in my leg to recede. I was going to post some pictures of my friends from Geology, including fetal Voldemort, (of whom I did get a picture, by the way) but Laura didn't show up to class (I think something bad happened when she went home this weekend), Enissa showed up late, and Ramon, well, he showed up fine, just I wanted a group picture. Voldie's pic is from a distance, and he's looking away, so you wouldn't be able to see him in all his fetal glory anyway. I'll try to get a better pic Thursday, even if I have to ask him. Plus, I want to hear his voice.

Hmm. I'm going to begin knitting a Gryffindor scarf for Mitch. It'll be acrylic which is a sin of all sins amongst knitters everywhere, but at 3 dollars a skein, it's college-student cheap, as opposed to mohair, wool, alpaca, or cashmere. Besides, the colors are right. I am also going to do some secret Christmas presents for Kevin, Irvine, Laura and Myra. (Paloma is a given). And yes, they will be knitted because yarn is probably one of the few things I can afford, and for the price of a T-shirt I can buy several skeins. Plus it comes from the heart and nobody will have any idea the sort of torture I will inflict upon myself to get these things made, and maybe, just maybe, by next Christmas I can begin knitting socks and sweaters and stuff. I may actually become a Yarn Harlot myself :) If you don't get it, I really admire her.

I'm sort of pissed too. First time I've been pissed at Carol, but she walks in, tells me "next time my friends call, please write it down, because they told me they called and you didn't give me the messages." I'm like... well, one person did call and left a message: Christina. Carol said that Fabi called too. Well, maybe she called, but if she did, she didn't tell me her name for one, and secondly, when I asked her if I could take a message, she was like... "no, that's ok." And the case for Christina was that Carol got back at 10 last night. Christina said she was going to be in her room only until about 9. So I figure, ok, I forgot one message. Fine. But I'm fucking becoming Carol's goddamn secretary. Every time the damn phone rings its either Jerry, Fabi, Christina or Whitney. Not once is it for me. So I'm just going to ignore the phone, and go to bed at 10 tonight so that Carol can't talk loudly on the phone till midnight like she normally does because her boyfriend works at Blockbuster and doesn't get out till late. She should also get a goddamn cell phone. I'm going to shut up now before I say something racist or bigoted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home