- Working in Chartreuse -

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

125 Things About Me

1. I love food
2. I love tea
3. I love making both
4. I love knitting
5. I taught myself to knit from a book and the Internet
6. I want to learn to sew and crochet
7. I can probably teach myself how to do that from a book and the Internet also
8. I would like to open a knitting/book/tea shop one day
9. J.R.R. Tolkien is my favorite author of all time
10. I am a shameless Anglophile
11. My favorite color is green in every shade
12. I can't stand electric blue and yellow (a la Michael Flatley in “Lord of the Dance”)
13. I listen to classical, Irish (trad. and modern), and some "alternative" music.
14. I am a grammar freak
15. Misspellings weird me out and make my nose itch
16. I think the Gothic Lolita look from Japan is really pretty and elegant
17. On the same token, I adore historical and period costumes
18. That's one of the reasons I want to learn to sew
19. I am becoming a liberal due to living in Austin, Texas
20. I love the smell of cigarette smoke although I don’t smoke myself
21. The most admirable and my favorite people on this earth are: My dad and Mrs. Lucy Wiley. There are many more people I love very much, but the list is topped by them.
22. I am a Catholic
23. I have attended Catholic school for 9 out of 12 years of my life--6 spent here
24. I have three siblings: an older half-sister, a younger sister, and a younger brother.
25. The only reason I want to turn 18 is to avoid the inconvenience of having parents sign permission/liability forms all the time
26. I love reading and writing the English language
27. I want to attend culinary school in Madrid for a time
28. "The Lord of the Rings," "Harry Potter," and "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" are my favorite books
29. I am a sucker for sushi
30. I am also a sucker for old-school videogames
31. I'm lazy as hell and a procrastinator to boot
32. I always feel guilty about lying to my parents
33. I am not an athletic person. At all.
34. People-watching is a favorite hobby of mine
35. I think of life as a movie--probably because I unwillingly take them seriously
36. I speak Spanish fluently
37. I’m fascinated by Ancient Egypt and the Middle Ages
38. If my parents would let me, I would love to study fashion design and the culinary arts just to have that knowledge for life
39. In the interest of practicality, I would like to study psychology to help people with social anxiety
40. I am very attracted to nerdy, geeky guys
41. I have an affinity for mimicking people's accents
42. I want five children (Seriously)
43. To achieve that, I know I probably need to marry a rich man
44. However, I do want to marry for love
45. I have a terrible knack for spending more money than I should
46. I prefer romanticized swashbuckling pirates
47. I can remember weird, random facts about people and places, but never anything of real importance, like people’s names
48. I don’t have a boyfriend, though I sometimes wish I do.
49. When I’m nervous, I get very loud and talkative and obnoxious
50. I abhor the rap/hip-hop subculture
51. And the “let’s look like trashy whores” subculture
52. I always think the best of people when I meet them
53. I believe photography is art
54. However, if it sucks (no matter what medium “art” takes) it is not worthy to be called art
55. I wish to spend a year abroad in England, then move there for grad school, then live in Madrid, Prague, Berlin, and Dublin.
56. I do not know how I will pay for that, nor how I will get there.
57. I have a guilty pleasure: listening to pop hits from 6th grade (Hanson & Backstreet Boys)
58. Another guilty pleasure I have: investigating and often believing conspiracy theories
59. Those whom I love, I love profoundly and unabashedly
60. I hate it when fickle people can never make up their mind and constantly shift their opinion
61. Although I despise science and math with a passion, I actually understand several concepts within those subjects
62. I believe in evolution, no matter what nondenominational Christian group denounces it
63. I tried to dis-believe in it once, but I couldn’t bring myself to lie to myself that badly
64. I also believe in God.
65. And I really like the concept of reincarnation
66. Trees give me a sense of peace
67. My favorite food is ice cream and lamb chops. Not mixed together, though.
68. I get a weird satisfaction out of reading people’s online journals, blogs, and diaries
69. I think redheads are beautiful, no matter what gender or age
70. I want blue-eyed, curly-haired children
71. I love bargain shopping and finding expensive clothing for cheap
72. I especially love going to sales in Spain
73. My mom is from Spain, and I’ve spent all but four summers of my life there
74. I love watching the rain from my window and walking in the rain
75. I really admire both my grandmothers
76. I have a rather unhealthy obsession with chocolate and ice cream
77. I relate better to people who are older than me than to people my own age or younger
78. However, I do love children and get along with them very well
79. I used to play the flute
80. I like lists
81. I don’t smoke
82. I don’t do drugs
83. I don’t drink alcohol
84. I’ve never had sex
85. I don’t particularly like coffee, except as ice cream or when it’s mixed with other flavors
86. I had braces for about 2 ½ years
87. I wish I could sing better than I do
88. I am attracted to literary characters
89. I have a hard time dealing with lies
90. I’ve loved The Beatles since my dad introduced me to them in the 3rd grade (to magically coincide with the release of “The Beatles Anthology”)
91. I am SO not a morning person
92. I get really aggravated by people who claim to be “tolerant” but are only tolerant of those they agree with or like
93. I make really good cheesecakes
94. When I own my own house, I want to decorate it myself
95. I think Asian and Scandinavian women are very beautiful and elegant
96. I am an unabashed, unashamed, totally insane neat freak
97. My cat is my favorite animal in the whole world
98. I embarrass myself quite frequently
99. I greatly admire people with interesting fashion styles
100. Violin and Cello music makes me happy, no matter how miserable I’m feeling
101. I am currently addicted to cinnamon scones and chocolate
102. I am highly intimidated by other people I perceive to be “cooler” than myself
103. Actually, I’m easily intimidated by practically anyone
104. My eyes are a pretty green color if you look at them in the sunlight
105. I write poetry
106. I jam out to U2, Elton John, Charlotte Church, and the Dropkick Murphys
107. I have about 30 different types of tea in my room right now
108. I own 46 different Teddy Bears
109. I prefer Europe to the United States, although Texas isn’t bad
110. I believe in fairies and other mythical beings, but in the ancient sense of the word, not the modern little diminutive thingies that grace wallpaper and t-shirts.
111. I think Viggo Mortensen and Brad Pitt are the most beautiful men in the world
112. They are closely followed by Hugh Grant and Colin Firth
113. I’m an impulsive shopper, and I often regret (and subsequently, return) the things I buy
114. Many of my clothes come from thrift storesI had a “punk phase” two years ago to coincide with my relationship with my ex-boyfriend.
115. I regret that, because I looked like I had walked out of a dumpster.
116. I like men in skirts (kilts, roman uniforms, Trojan tunics, utilikilts, etc.)
117. “The Fields of Athenry” performed by the Dropkick Murphys makes me cry when I listen to it
118. The last time I had a birthday party was when I turned 10
119. I’m a very artsy-craftsy person
120. When I buy a book, it takes me an average time of about a year to pick it up and actually read it
121. When I was in elementary school, I used to wear paisley and other patterned leggings with coordinating turtlenecks… and Napoleon Dynamite type snow boots. Seriously.
122. Anyone who can beat Zelda 64 in 3 hours, 2 minutes is worthy of my undying respect
123. I pun because it’s in my genes. It’s a hereditary condition, I swear.
124. I believe doing crossword puzzles prevents Alzheimers
125. I have a hard time letting go of the past, but no problem parting with my possessions

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home