- Working in Chartreuse -

Thursday, November 11, 2004

I know a Voldemort!

So yea, I'm here in the library since my lovely bandwidth expired Tuesday. I'm waiting to head out to lunch today with Laura to the Alpine Bagel Cafe at Littlefield. I've not had a decent bagel sandwich ever, so we'll see how that goes. I'm also very pissed off at the security guard for the library. He got all Alvarez-like on me (for the uninitiated, the dean of discipline at my HS, who was not very bright, really full of his own power, and had the mumbly, annoying voice [and to sound really bigoted here] of a low-class-moved-to-middle-class Brownsvillian Mexican) telling me how I couldn't bring in my smoothie, and the rules state that you need to have "an appropriate drink container or plastic bottle with a top." He even said, "Uh, ma'am, are you a student?" "Yes" "Do you work here at the library?" "No" "Then why don't you go over to that sign over there and read the red lettering which says that you need to bring an appropriate drink container or plastic bottle with a top." "Ok, sir, but this cup has a plastic lid on it." "But ma'am, it's one of those that can easily get knocked over and spilled." "Alright sir" I reply, and force a smile when I want to kill his Alvarez-like smugness.... I felt like I did last year when Alvarez told me I couldn't wear colored socks 22 days before graduation, because the handbook clearly stated that the uniform required CREW SOCKS and that implicitly states that said socks must be white. My socks were tan, with muted purple and orange argyle on them, and they were knee-high. First of all, the handbook didn't state white, so that leaves it open to interpretation, and also, if my damn socks were going to "detract from the learning environment and promote an environment of disconformity and anarchy" then fuck him! I was gonna wear my damn purple, yellow, and turquoise socks loud and proud for the remaining 22 days till graduation. Damn! I hate smug officer people like that... they're so damn self-righteous. And I hate them no matter where they come from, but it seems that there are many in Brownsville.

Now, on to Voldemort. See, Laura and I make fun of this guy who looks like Voldemort in fetal form. How do we know that, you ask? Well, in book 4, Voldie's fetus comes out of the cauldron when he and Wormtail are re-making him into his physical form. So this guy looks like that. He's got a very raspy, nasal voice (weird combo, I know, I can imitate Laura's imitation if you'd like) and he's one of those people who make comments to no one in particular but expect everybody to casually overhear and laugh. Well, today Laura and I were walking out of Geo, and he walks by with a smirk on his face, and I hear him give a little snicker as he passes. Laura's face contorts into an agonizingly hilarious laughter expression, and she shushes me, but I burst out laughing. It was quite amusing. He constantly looks at her, and that weirds her out, so I made fun of her by saying that she fulfills Voldie's fetal fantasies. (Love the alliteration there, dontcha?) So he greatly amuses us in his weird, fetal, slimy sort of way. And there you go: Voldemort attends my Geology class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home