- Working in Chartreuse -

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Organization Bliss!

I love the adrenaline rush I get when all my stuff is clean and organized, and all my activities and stuff are organized, chronicled, and everything is just in tip-top shape. I guess one could call it a Martha Stewart fantasy world, but I find I am just happier and more content when I know that my life is organized for the moment. Planners make me smile and fantasize about how I'm going to write my day's activities in perfect penmanship and how I'm going to have a fixed time for everything and be the envy of messy procrastinators everywhere. Then I get in a hurry, lose my cool, my handwriting is virtually illegible, I forget two of three things I told myself I wouldn't forget, I get behind on my reading, and I put everything off till the last moment. And then when things settle down a little, I resolve to keep my cool, begin planning and organizing again, so that maybe next time, I can be a little more under control and maybe keep pretty, flowing handwriting in my planner and journal, so that I can look back and think: "Wow, I was really put-together and organized and responsible!" That's my fantasy world. A world of clean floors, shining, streak-free panes of glass, a wonderful lack of dust and beautiful penmanship. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home