- Working in Chartreuse -

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Soy un perdedor.... I'm a loser, baby.

[mood: depressed and feeling rejected]
[music: hum of my computer and my raspy breathing because I'm sick]

The old saying that "no man is worth your tears and the only one who is will never make you cry" is running over and over and over through my mind. I can't help it. Now I know that the guy who I have been crushing on for awhile has absolutely no attraction to me. Now, I was expecting this because Laura in her infinite wisdom kept warning me: "he's an asshole, not worth your time, and you're way too good for him." I tried to listen to her, and I knew the "I told you so"'s were virtually inevitable considering how I persisted in liking him, despite the fact he was a very big jerk to me on an occasion or two. I couldn't help it. I hoped she would be wrong. I hoped she could be misunderstanding the good sort of person I hoped and prayed lurked inside. I guess not. I want to thank her, though, for being completely understanding and being good enough to tell me the truth so that I wouldn't continue to delude myself and thus make the inevitable rejection that much more poignant. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go sob into my pillow for the next hour until I can compose myself and perhaps move on. Why do I have to fall for the assholes?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger theMatt said…

    Hope you feel better soon, my dear cousin. Sucks being sick, especially with emotional junk to deal with at the same time.

    And nobody ever said that emotions were logical. We somehow just have to let our logical minds try to figure out our emotional minds, and then have some semblence of voice within the din.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home