- Working in Chartreuse -

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A lot about livin' and a little 'bout love... (or whatever)

Oh yeah! Today is another absolutely fabulous day! The sun is shining, the weather is beautiful, and I'm most definitely in love. Well, perhaps "love" is a bit strong, but I am definitely loving being with El Ingeniero (The Engineer). We're not going out, but if my girl-senses don't lie (and we won't discuss the previous failures of my girl-senses) it's only a matter of time. and I CAN'T WAIT! He's so smart, so funny, and so....wonderful. Never, I repeat, NEVER have I been involved/dated a guy who was smarter than me. And that's not a boost to my ego, either. I really downgraded when I dated them. And we shall not discuss my own stupidity in allowing that to happen multiple times. However, this time it will be different. I'm definitely more mature and more focused and more secure in myself and my opinions than I ever was in high school, which leads me to believe that somehow this time it will be so much better than anything I've ever experienced. And that's what I'm excited about. So yeah, I most definitely like him a LOT. And now it's for sure that I am at the point of no return in my former attraction to Shippy. He means nothing to me now, which is a relief to me and to my friends. He may be good for friendship, but definitely NOT for romance. Besides, it has been my philosophy that the happiest (in my observation) couples I've seen are people who share many of the same essential interests and values, but pursue relatively opposite career paths. For example, in the case of my parents, my dad is a sociology professor and my mom is a nurse. In the case of my grandparents, my grandfather is a pediatrician and my grandma was always into very creative pursuits (she was, and remains a housewife, which is something I always have and always will admire). In the case of my best girl friend, Laura, she's a history major and her fiancee is an engineer. (God bless the Engineers). So my philosophy is that liberal arts mesh well with the science-based careers, or pre-med with business, science with theatre... etc. This is most definitely NOT an ultimatum rule blah blah blah.... it's my own personal opinion.

In other news, dance tonight! Trigun with M.E. (my engineer) tomorrow night! Could life get any better? SPRING BREAK IN 3 DAYS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home