- Working in Chartreuse -

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Happy Birthday Tricia, I'm in the Michigan Militia.

[mood: blah and stressed]
[music: Moxy Fruvous - Michigan Militia]

In an effort to stave off the hours of studying that await me, I googled myself: Amongst the various Anne Marie's published through Pearson Publishing, I was able to find myself in several places:
* TAPPS Results (so you can see that I did a killer performance in Poetry Interpretation) Oh, and SJB refers to St. Joseph Brownsville, my former high school.
* This does not refer to me, but the irony of the names is that the star of this article is a man named Mark and his wife Anne Marie. My uncle's name is Mark, but his wife is Julie.

Despite my efforts, I couldn't seem to find this blog. I guess my readership is limited to the three people I know read it... and I'm one of them.

Well, I am thoroughly romantically confused. On Thursday I wrote about my emotional troubles, and my dearest cousin Matt was so good as to console me. See, I discovered that zee boy I had a crush on is not interested... heartwrenching, but something I have to deal with, I guess. Then, yesterday, I asked to my room a guy I've been eating lunch with pretty frequently all semseter. We watched various episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus and then Monty Python's Meaning of Life. It was cool, because I enjoy his company, but I don't know him well enough to get into a romantic relationship with him. Plus, the all-too-recent rejection on the part of Shippy is, well, all-too-recent, and I am torn. Maybe I can sort myself out sometime within the next month and therefore not break anyone's heart. And there's also the instance of Laura's brother, Dave. Now, I would definitely date him if the age difference between us weren't so great. Right now, 8 years seems like ephebophilia (pedophilia, but with teenagers instead of children). But who knows what will transpire in the next 5 years? So now I'm just concentrating on a friendship with him.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger theMatt said…

    Yay for googling...

    I'm glad you you were able to find yourself...try as I might, I've never been able to successfully google my name. There're just too many me's out there. Googling "matty-inc" gets me for the first couple of hits though.

    One way to get higher on the googler is number of links. My blog has a crapload of outbound links, and I think the number of inbound links is at least relatively decent. If you post in forums and on online bulletin boards, put a link in your signature...your number of inbound links will skyrocket. It also depends on what you search for. Googling "chartreusesky" lands you as the one and only hit.

    So far as this romantic stuff is concerned, just try to give it time. It sucks, yeah, but that's what it takes. And I'm in at least a similar boat as you...I just haven't been able to even find a crush after my last 'rejection' as it were. Then again, I felt the same way 1.5 years ago, and romance has happened at least a little since then.

    Friendship is good...less stressful. I'm relatively content with just that for now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home