- Working in Chartreuse -

Friday, January 28, 2005

The wind comes and goes...

I am bored out of my mind right now. I know I have homework/reading that I should be doing, but frankly, I'm not in the mood for it. I may just go to bed instead.

Despite the fact today is *bleh*, this past week was a pretty good one. I went out to lunch with Laura on Tuesday and Thursday, which is a good way to keep the friendship alive and well since we don't have classes together this semester. On Wednesday, she held a "Freaks" Movie night, which was insanely fun, I must admit. Apart from the fact that the movie was actually quite good, the company was unbeatable. Now, the low-down of both aspects:

The movie was, as I say, "Phen-OH-menal" due to the fact that they used real "freaks" (i.e. people with physical deformities and Down's Syndrome) in the cast. In many respects, it was quite sad to see these people and the suffering they endured for facts they could not alter. All depressingly poignant messages aside, it was wildly funny and even included a very scary moment where the freaks turn violent and seek revenge. Enough to haunt nightmares, that scene was.

In terms of company, I met several new people on Wednesday, these included Laura's friends Deedee (sp?), Jeff (or Utilikilt boy as I know him), Shippy (or Greg Shipman, I've been informed), and Adam (a proud Catholic). Of course, Angela, Steph, Jenn and Jana were there, topped off by yours truly, knitting all the while. It's so interesting that Jeff knits too! (We're out there, I tell you... mwahaha). Lots of chatting to be had, burned Russian Tea Cakes to go around (poor Angela and Steph left 'em in the oven too long), and an introduction to "Cletus the Fetus" completed the night.

If I haven't informed you already, check out The Llama Song. (Beware, the sound is unexpectedly loud if you choose to look at it in the Library or workplace where sounds are a no-no).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home