- Working in Chartreuse -

Monday, January 17, 2005

I'm here, for real!

Hello to all again. Happy Belated New Year! I hope everyone had a great and relaxing break. My vacation was pretty good, a full month of rest and relaxation, but now I'm back in Austin. Yesterday I went out with my friend Laura, both of her housemates Angela and Stephanie, and their friend Jenna. We saw "In Good Company" which was definitely not what I expected. The plot was predictable until the end, when it was totally like, WTF? I have mixed feelings about it, because I'm not loving it, nor am I hating it. Turns out I'm not going to be living with them next year after all. I had my hopes up, so now I'm a little down in the dumps, but hopefully our friendships will remain even if it turns out we don't live together next year. They're great gals, and I was looking forward to having a group of people that would actually be around on weekends and stuff, unlike my current roommate who is gone most of the time. Hopefully I can make a few other friends, but I'm the sort of gal who prefers a small, intimate group of friends as opposed to a huge group of rather impersonal people. I prefer confidantes and companions as opposed to partying pals. Oh well, c'est la vie. In other news, the spring semester starts tomorrow, and I'm still on the waiting list for one of my classes. I'm going to go see my advisor because it's a class I really need. It's a class on the 18th century English novel, and since I'm an English major, it counts towards my degree requirements. The advisor told me that I should just wait on the waitlist, and that I had a 70 percent chance of getting into the class. I mean, it's not like I'm a business major who wants to take this for fun! This is part of my DEGREE! So off I go to throw a big hullabaloo and MAKE her put me in the class. I sincerely hope she's there today, even if it's MLK day, because the class is at 9:30 tomorrow morning, and I do need to get into the class. I hope you all feel better today than I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home