- Working in Chartreuse -

Sunday, November 21, 2004

So what do you have to say about that?

I guess I have been posting quite a bit about knitting recently. However, it is explainable/understandable. It is my obsession. Perhaps it will wane as yarn prices soar beyond my reach, or as projects lose their novelty. However, I doubt that. And plus, there are many more fiber-art related activities to keep me pumped. I'm excited, what can I say? However, I have actually created a blog specifically about my knitting. That way you can pick your poison.

Well, I was thinking. (Oh, Annemarie, you THINK? What a novel idea! How ever did you get involved in such an activity?) I was thinking that no matter where you go, there can never be anything as true silence. You know why? Because no matter where you go, your heart beats (which makes noise), you breathe (which makes noise, even if you yourself can't hear it), and your stomach makes noises too (that series of noises is what led me to think about this in the first place... I think I have indigestion from spicy food). It's the tree-in-the forest dilemma: if no one's around to hear it, does it make noise? My question is: If no one's around (to breathe, have their heart beat, or stomach gurgle), can there possibly exist such a thing as complete silence?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home