- Working in Chartreuse -

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Weekends

I really quite despise them. They're the time of week when if you're at home, or in high school, you await because you don't have to deal with teachers and schoolwork, and you can just relax and chill. However, when you're a lonely college student like myself, whose roommate decides to leave every weekend (because her mom insists, and because something awful tends to happen to people she cares about each time she goes home), and whose family is miles away, the weekends suck. I was going to hang out with Laura and company today, but she had a blinding migraine (literally) and so she called it off. I had lunch today with a family friend and some of her colleagues and their kids/consorts etc, but it was really not my cup of tea. Tomorrow I'll probably go see "Team America" with Irvine, but on Friday, when we were walking back, I was really hyperactive and exaggeratedly excited, so to onlookers, I probably appeared drunk, because of the way I was laughing. I hope he's not embarrased, and next time I promise I'll be nice and serious. (and dull.) But yea, there's a discussion on Thursday about Pride and Prejudice, and I'm really excited about it, because although I have read the novel, it was at the end of ninth grade. I know what happens, but I really don't remember the details. So I'm going to attempt to read it by Thursday, and if I fall short, that is why Cliff's Notes exist :) I'm also seriously considering culinary school after University. I guess it's because I've been consoling my loneliness with Jamie Oliver television shows. I really would love to live in England and study the culinary arts, but I don't have family there to stay with, which makes things expensive and lonely. So I don't know. I'll try to do a year abroad first, make friends, and then see about culinary school and grad school in the UK. It's my fantasy life really, but I don't know how I'll achieve it. I have all these dreams about opening my own knitting cafe, or about traveling the world and living in different countries, especially the UK and Ireland, about having world-class culinary skills, about learning long-lost domestic arts such as embroidery, sewing, knitting, crochet, etc.

And I'll shut up now before I get depressed at the money, time, and impossibility involved in such ventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home