- Working in Chartreuse -

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Mo Rocca Rocks!

I saw him last night at the Texas Union Ballroom, where he gave a "Distinguished Lecture Talk." Laura got me a ticket, so she, Angela and Stephanie (her roommates) got in line around 4:30, and I joined them as soon as I got out of class. Well, the lecture didn't start till 7, but thank GOD we got there early, because apparently by 6:30 the line extended out to 24th street! We got front and center seats to one of the best and funniest comedian/fake reporters in America. He basically bashed everybody, politically speaking, and was wildly entertaining. Afterwards, Laura was daring/raunchy enough to have him sign her breasts, Angela was adventurous enough to have him sign her Organic Chem book, and Stephanie and I were normal enough to have him sign a book and program, respectively. He spelled my name as Emory (as in, the board or the college) but then he asked if he spelled it right, and I told him my name was Anne--marie, and then he corrected it. So yea, Mo Rocca is just another person to spell my name wrong. But yea, he was great and hilarious, and I definitely enjoyed learning who another television personality is. I may have to start watching TV so I don't seem like another ignorant fool to not know who Mo Rocca is before I see him lecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home