- Working in Chartreuse -

Friday, October 08, 2004

Knitting, Knitting, Knitting! La la la la la LA!!!

Whee! In a serendipitous moment of serendipity, I clicked the "next blog" button as I sat back and admired my handiwork, and lo and behold, I came across a knitting blog. Unable to keep my curiosity to myself, I read her blog, and then proceeded to read the knitting blogs she read. (I really am a link whore... I can't stop clicking 'em) Whaddyaknow? I have over 20 new ideas for knitting projects and watching people knit their own. I WANNA LEARN HOW TO KNIT PRETTY SWEATERS!!!!!! I guess there is only so much you can do with teaching yourself. If only I had five years in which to learn everything I've ever wanted to learn, without threat of financial ruin or of career ruin. Gourmet Cookery, crochet, knitting, needlework, dressmaking, decoupage, Latin, reading my little heart out, feng shui, simple interior decoration, antique restoration, etc. Dammit! Life is way too short. By the time I'll actually have enough money to learn these wonderful things without having to worry about job pressures and the like, I'll probably be married and have kids, because if I wait to have money, then do my five-year learning spree, any prospects of a family go down the potty. As it stands, my prospects of a family are slim, what with all the traveling and studying I know I'm going to have to do. Besides, I don't want to have kids at age 40, because not only will my parents not be able to see their grandkids, but I probably won't see grandkids myself. Oh, if only I lived 200 years ago as the daughter of a rich tradesman or something, and I would learn about crochet, and beautiful embroidery, weaving, knitting and dressmaking and all sorts of lovely things by the time I was 15. One of my dreams is to make my own wedding linens, such as napkins, sheets, pillowcases, tablecloths, etc. However, I know that it's so impractical to do that, that I'm probably going to either inherit or buy them. I have wretchedly haunting fantasies about embroidering my own napkins and making my own clothes, but it's so damn impractical! I guess I'm gonna have to figure out how to make this all work.... how I'm possibly going to juggle graduate school, traveling around the world (which I most DEFINITELY want to do out of the context of tourism), marriage, a family, and a hobby. I probably need to marry a doctor or something to be able to afford the leisure time. I hate money. It's a fictitious entity that sucks. And you need it to live, and it's just a damn piece of paper. I hate it because it governs every single possibility of enjoyment. I hate it because people's lives revolve around it. I hate it because wars are fought over it. Most of all, I hate it because everybody wants it, and having it only makes you want more. God, please send me a great-aunt that wants me to inherit her victorian home and a million untaxed dollars, so I can feasably fulfill my dreams in this money-obsessed world.

Now that I'm done phlosophizing, I should probably stop messing on the computer and actually study before "Bodas de Sangre." I hate tests. Just as much as I hate cockroaches. And money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home