- Working in Chartreuse -

Sunday, February 13, 2005

I feel like chinese

[mood - Lazy as hell]
[music - Cherry Poppin' Daddies - Dr. Bones]

In the spirit of swingin' and lovin' and all that push-shovin' I bring you, without further ado a poem of silly notions and epic proportions:

Actually, no poetry courses through my veins at the moment. Despite the fact it's Valentine's Day tomorrow, I am utterly alone. I wish it could be otherwise, but this is the lot that I struck at this point in time. I've been thinking about romance and stuff, prompted mainly by the troubles my roommate and her boyfriend have been having, and the advice I've given her. Throughout the course of my reflections, I've done some wondering at myself. Why do I not have a romance at this time? Is it something I'm doing? Or is it just God/The Planet/Fate that would have it that way? In all truth, I don't know. It's verging on two years I've been romantically un-attached, and although some may say "Hey, I've NEVER had a relationship, so cut the crap" I say, once you've been in a relationship, and you've enjoyed the feeling, it sucks to be without one when you want one. I guess I've needed the change of scene to really mature and get to know myself. In High School, both the first and last years were spent sans boys. Freshman year was a time of lots of poetry and bouts of sadness, and Senior year was more of "ah, sweet relief, I don't have a clingy boy who makes me degrade myself (not in any "dirty" way, but just the way I dressed) and forces me to be someone I'm not." It took a while before I could say, I know I've matured and become an independent person, which basically says that now what with college and all, I know I can handle both school and romance. With much more meditation, zen, and thought, I've decided to let things happen as they do, but never to close my eyes to possibility. So yea, if you all aren't with someone at the moment, hang in there until God/The Planet/Fate decides to put someone in your path that you're meant for. If you're in with somebody, congrats! Enjoy your Valentine's day, and if you have leftover chocolate, you can send it my way!

Cheers!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:51 AM, Blogger theMatt said…

    I hear ya cous.

    I'm still recent-enough OUT of a relationship that I'm definitely very much in a "I hate Valentine's Day with a passion that would be much better focused on a romatic relationship" kinda mood.

    I don't know what's better/worse...being in a quasi-content yet restless in-between place...or still feeling pangs of...something...

    Stupid pangs...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home