- Working in Chartreuse -

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

...... I should be studying ......

Sweet Lord above Mary and Joseph!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Procrastination is just about the worst thing in the world, and I've got a severe case of it. What I need is one week stuck here at UT bored out of my mind in order to get my work ethic back. Just think, a week and a half and I lost my work ethic. I love going home, but the devastating effects it's having on my psyche is... well, devastating! See, my first exam is on Friday and I've read over my notes twice... without really concentrating. I'm tired and I need to sleep but I also need to study and read... why oh why did I procrastinate? Why did I spend 4 hours looking at pretty pictures on DeviantART and spend another half an hour reading a blog when I could've been memorizing the crappy theories of Edward Tylor. (Ha! I remembered his name!) Anywho, this is my way of takin a mental break from taking a mental break from pretending to study. Besides, it's cold in my room. And Iron Chef is on.


By the way, I am considering finding some way to attend classes at TCA (Texas Culinary Academy). It's only 10 mins from campus, and if I have a really lax semester, I might be able to take a class. (This is my way of asserting that I want to be a chef despite all the reasons my parents are trying to convince me not to.) I don't want to do anything the world (ie. my parents) thinks useful. I want to have an English Ph.D. from Oxford, be a chef, make my own clothing, travel the world and live abroad. So there, my ambitions are out in the open. Do with them what you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home