- Working in Chartreuse -

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Weirdness

After a full week here, I don't feel like I'm really a true part of the college life. I see myself as a visitor, not as a citizen of UT. Yes, I'm taking classes, yes I live here, but I have this thing where I feel like I'm merely temporary. Like my room is a hotel, not a house. Maybe it's because I don't have a large amount of friends yet, or because I haven't joined any groups of yet. Maybe when I feel assimilated within a group my attitude will change. Then, maybe I'll do as my dear cousin Matt says, "call college 'home.'"

It's amazing how many science, engineering, and really "smartsy" majors there are here, or at least on my floor, and at the UCC. It makes simple English majors like myself feel stupid that all we can do is write and read. But when the future engineers and doctors need to fulfill their English requirement, there I'll be in all my glory, making them analyze in full detail the works of Dostoevsky or Joyce or Longfellow! Ha! But then again, if I want to teach them, I'll have to teach RHE306... eeeewww

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home