- Working in Chartreuse -

Monday, August 30, 2004

What being a college freshman is REALLY like:

Well, I'm beginning my first complete week of classes, and I'm feeling physically sick from the homesickness. It wasn't really too poignant or overwhelming until now. But therein lies my plan. I figure: anytime I get homesick, I'll just immerse myself in my studies and try to completely forget about anything other than work. And so far it's worked, I guess. I wrote a paper for Irish American Lit last night, after reading the *ahem* 100 copied pages (since it was photocopied, there were 2 book pages per 1 copied page) and I wasn't able to read for Geology. But I also went out with Irvine to the "Hot Sauce Festival" and because it was too damn hot to wait in lines for food and stuff, we walked over to Jamba Juice and got smoothies :) He's a very good friend and he's able to help me forget homesickness for a little while. But then both of us had assignments to finish. Anyway, I'd better get going to my Intro to Archaeology class, so I can get a good seat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home