- Working in Chartreuse -

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Moooooved into San Jac with a heavy heart.

Ok, so my parents just left my dorm about 1/2 an hour ago, and I'm already homesick. I have never seen my dad cry, but he did when we had to say goodbye. My mom had been crying all day in anticipation. I had tried not to cry all day, and not be afraid of leaving my parents and siblings, but I almost started bawling as I trekked up to my room. I just hope the loneliness and homesickness gets better, and that I can come home pretty often. It's amazing that I'm so close to my family at this age. I mean, most people want their kids to leave, or they want to get rid of their parents, but not me. If UTB was actually a good place with competitive students, I wouldn't hesitate to go. But UT is THE place to be of all the UT branches.

My roommate seems very nice and sweet, just as I'd hoped, and she brought her sister, dad, and boyfriend to help her move her stuff. I'm going to help them arrange stuff, just to make it easier for them and stuff. So tonight is my first night alone at the university, and I've got plenty of stuff to do before classes start on wednesday. I have to be sure to deposit my money in the bank, order a book for my Intro to Ancient Egypt course, and figure out where the heck all my English books are. (They haven't come into the bookstore, apparently). Well, here goes nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home