- Working in Chartreuse -

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Music Thingy

Because procrastination on schoolwork definitely has more weight than actually doing the work, here is a little meme thingy that I've seen on blogs:

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
The almighty iTunes claims that I have 3382 music files or 13.92 Gigs. I'm a musical girl, what can I say?

2. The last CD you bought was:

Hmm... The Devil's Own Soundtrack. The movie was nothing special, but the Irish/Celtic influence on the soundtrack was KILLER! Very beautiful music. Before that I think I bought the Megan Slankard Band Cd. She's good... like Sheryl Crow and Alanis Morissette in one, but in a good way.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

Right now I'm listening to "Galileo" by the Indigo Girls, but before that I was listening to the cover of Snoop Dogg's "Gin and Juice" done in a country/bluegrass style by The Gourds.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
This will be interesting. I've sorted them into different categories, because simply 5 songs is a very meagre limit:

Five songs when I'm feeling my usual way:

1. The Black and Tans - by the Irish Descendants
2. Who Needs Sleep? by the Barenaked Ladies
3. Dr. Bones by the Cherry Poppin' Daddies
4. I'm Always in Love by Wilco
5. China Roses by Enya

Five songs that make me happy:
1. Ocean Man and Hey There, Fancypants by Ween
2. The Drunk Scotsman by Mike Cross
3. It's Oh-So-Quiet by Bjork
4. I'm Shaken by Rooney
5. Super Trouper by the A-Teens (and ABBA too)

Five songs when I'm depressed:

1. Bleecker Street by Jonatha Brooke
2. Song to the Siren by This Mortal Coil
3. Wild Mountain Thyme by the Brobdingnagian Bards
4. Get Outta London by Aztec Camera
5. Fast Car by Tracy Chapman

Five songs for getting ready to go out:
1. Birdhouse in Your Soul by They Might Be Giants
2. Walkie Talkie Man by Steriogram
3. Forca by Nelly Furtado
4. Dancing Queen by ABBA
5. Let's Hear it for the Boy (From Queer as Folk, the TV show)

Five Songs for Driving:
1. Jerry Springer by Weird Al Yankovic
2. Josephine by Teitur
3. Do You Know The Way To San Jose by Dionne Warwick
4. Candy by Stegosaurus
5. Anything by Sister Hazel, The Barenaked Ladies and Counting Crows

Five Movie Theme or Broadway Songs that I Love to Sing Really Loudly
1. Thoroughly Modern Millie (from Thoroughly Modern Millie)
2. You're The One That I Want (from Grease)
3. Gaston (from Beauty and the Beast)
4. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood by Santa Esmeralda (from Kill Bill)
5. Wanna Be Like You (from the Jungle Book)

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
Well, since there are a select few of you who read this, why doesn't everyone pick it up and do it if they haven't already?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home